So yesterday was my birthday and there is nothing like turning a year older on a Monday to make you think...and I thought all weekend long. Really, I can't believe all that the past year has held. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea of no more preschool, friends that are moving away, babies that have been born. I lost a lot of myself in the last year, gave of my time and didn't realize until it was over how much was gone. But I also realized how many true friends I have and how much love is around me every single day. Friends and family that gave their time to help me, even when their own lives were already super busy. I have two friends in particular, that both have three kids of their own, and they took on my kids when I was sick or had doctors appointments. Wow. I called and they helped. But a lot of my friends were like that. Things happened over the last year and I had people there for me. I never realized how big the circle around me was until this past year. I took it for granted sometimes...yet, I think some people come into your life at a certain time for a reason, and I know that was true this year.
So when one year ends and you think back, you automatically find yourself looking just a bit forward as well. Meagan posted this on my Facebook page:
"
So what's on the agenda this year? It's going to be hard to top this past one! Happy birthday :-)"
I think I need to spend the next year trying to show everyone in my life how much I appreciate them. I want to take time to visit with friends and to help them when I can. One new baby is here and another coming in September, so I want to offer as much support as possible. And work in lots of time with new babies!!!
This next year will also involve me getting as physically strong as I can. We joined a gym a few months back and I will get a chance to work with a personal trainer for a bit. Part of me is still mulling the idea of doing another surrogacy, but before that can ever be a possibility I need to get strong. Nothing like training for something that is going to make you fat!! :-) I want to approach it from a whole body perspective though--the things that gave me the most trouble were mainly physical. If I can work to overcome those issues, it should be much easier. And being active is great for you, no matter what you are actually training for (even if it equates to a nine-month marathon).
Leading up to my birthday was a week of projects. I managed to almost complete the kids shower curtain--a beautiful, bright mosaic of fabrics I LOVE. It just needs a way to be hung up--can't decide if I am going to hang it like a curtain or go with button holes/shower hooks. The kids bathroom also got painted a nice sunny yellow. Different colored circle rugs and fun bath accessories make for a great place to go first thing in the morning. Everyone in the house loves it!! I love taking spaces and completely personalizing them. I feel like after five and a half years, I am finally making this house into our home. I have a great kitchen that we painted red very early on that is absolutely perfect...except now I want to make new curtains. :-) My to-do list keeps growing but I guess when you mark off something as huge as "surrogacy" you have a lot of space to fill.
No comments:
Post a Comment