I always like the idea of a new year as the time to make changes...but sometimes there is so much pressure for that day 1, on January 1, that I can't quite get my act together. So there's today, or yesterday or tomorrow. Each day can be a new start. A small start. I know I want to be kinder and more understanding in 2021. I want to judge less and love more, but its been really hard. The world seems so strange. I've been so busy with the usual hustle and bustle, that now that the bustles are hustling no longer, its just very quiet. Luckily, we have dogs to make up for the noise.
Parenthood is so different than what I expected. I wasn't prepared for the day my children knew more about the history of the country that I have lived in for 41 years. I was blown away by the observations of kids that can't even drive (one should be able to, but that is whole other story). I will not let the political world infiltrate my inner mind. My goal is to focus on what can me a better person, which leads to being a better wife and mom. The needs of my family have changed so much over the years and now there are days where my only influence is a (hopefully) healthy meal and a chat my oldest while walking the dog.
So I will start now. Finding something to give a little purpose. Of course, the husband and kids and home and animals provide some of that, but I need to have a little something just for me too. My goal for the year is to start fresh. To find new ways to do my "day to day" just a little better. Use environmentally friendly "poop bags" for the dogs. Trade out some of my usual produce for something organic. Make use of what I have and repair things rather than replace. I have wanted to trade out skin care for a long time as I watch my family deal with multiple skin issues over the years. As we all know, our skin is our largest organ!
No comments:
Post a Comment