So I am busy now with my part time job that landed amazingly in my lap. I feel lucky...blessed for this opportunity that actually uses my finance degree and allows me to get dressed up and interact with actual grown ups during the week. This blessing is huge...a huge adjustment. I don't know how most of the population does it with work and family--and most people I know work full time...with more than one child...with after school activities...with a church to visit multiple times a week...geez. So how do I with my two elementary school children and a part time job feel like I can't get one step ahead?? I guess this is why there are cleaning ladies and restaurants...maybe those are two things I need to utilize a lot more often.
I have had so many different blog posts in my mind...so much has happend since the kiddos went back to school the first week of August. A week ago Eleanor lost her first tooth--I remember when that tooth popped through the gums and now it has made way for the adult tooth that I was just able to see yesterday. The years are going by so quickly and even when I throw out my arms and legs making my best impression of a big "X," time continues slipping by.
Today I had one of those moments where you are overwhelmed with all you have and not all you have to do. After the rush to get everyone out by 7:20am, we were on the way to school when I stopped at a red light. A single glimpse into the rear-view mirror reminded me of the real meaning of my life. I love my two back seat passengers more than anything on this planet and in those very moments, I had to give in to the huge-ness of what I have in this life and how I couldn't ask for more (other than an extra hour or two in the day). Life is crazy and busy and hectic...but good. We have taken more moments to spend as a family and made sure in all the busy-ness that everyone gets an extra hug or kiss at the end of the day.
I got new pictures of J&M's baby this morning. Almost six months old. Six months since I finished my nine month baby growing project. Maybe seeing that little miracle helped remind me of my own miracles. I was afraid I would forget that feeling and for a bit, in the hustle and bustle, I started to. I don't want to ever take for granted those amazing children or make them feeling anything less than completely loved. I want to teach them to be happy, healthy people who understand how hard this life is but also how great it can be. Things aren't always easy, but looking around and seeing the friends and family that love me makes me see exactly how I have made it so far. Busy people may not have a lot of time for friends and family, but they sure will appreciate those moments that are taken out for the people in our lives that matter most. I guess at this point in my life I should be thankful I have an amazing husband. Someone to pick up the slack around the house and encourage me when I am feeling run down. I am starting to see that a mom is a really great mom when she has a really great man behind her.
No comments:
Post a Comment