sidebars

Monday, February 28, 2011

Make-over Weekend

There has been wood sitting in my garage since October.  A few weeks ago that wood was transformed into cabinets for my laundry room and this past weekend, those amazing cabinets finally made it onto the wall.  I was lucky to be out for a while because the simple task of hanging these cabinets turned out to be a major pain in the rump.  Now all the scuffed walls have been patched and painted and I have a laundry room any woman would be proud to call hers. I even made curtains to cover the cabinet openings to give the room some color. I am lucky to have a husband that will do things for me...or call in the right friends to help him out.  We have a small list of projects around here to keep us busy through springtime and I am anxious to be able to help out. 

All the little projects that go on with owning a home and having children, always make me think...think about where we have been and how far we have come.  I truly see this surrogacy as opening my eyes to my life.  There is so much that I have just let slip by, passively watching my life just go on around me.  Being pregnant and putting my life on hold, has made me appreciate the days of chasing my kids in the backyard or just deciding to paint a room.  I have had a lot of moments lately where I just stare at my kids.  I am reminded as we near the end of this journey, just how amazing they are.  I seem to have not only made over my laundry room this weekend but also my outlook.

I was with a friend today and she said this surrogacy has been like a reset button on my life. That is completely what it has done for me.  People talk about the amazing gift I am giving a family and really I have been given such as big a gift too. I feel like I am being given a second chance to make my own life better. I want take my life and live each day, really live it.  Most people have to survive some sort of tragedy to get a new outlook or appreciation. I feel lucky that creating a family, a very positive experience, has given me this chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment