sidebars

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ice (or Why my dentist is going get all my money when I am no longer pregnant)...

So the last few weeks or maybe months, I have had this huge craving for ice.  I know it can mean your iron is low and in all honesty, last time it was checked it was borderline...there is just this need for ice that has intensified the more pregnant I get. The enamel on my teeth is bound to be looking rough yet I am crunching it on the side that isn't in need of two crowns (don't want to crack an already iffy tooth you know).  My hope is that I can make it through the next two weeks without causing any tooth pain as I fill up on my favorite food-beverage-snack ever...until I am no longer pregnant and then won't care one bit about it.

For a while after work, I was even swinging by Sheetz every day for a large cup of their crushed variety.  It was awesome, even better than hospital memory and softer on the teeth too. I didn't know it at the time, but I could have gotten it for free if I just got the ice. I always added just a little bit of lemonaide to give it a touch of flavor. Very quickly I was earning free drinks so it was worth the $.89 that the huge cup cost with my card. :-)

The heartburn is getting so bad these days that even ice gives me heartburn, but for some reason if I eat some ice, that almost primes my stomach and allows me to eat real food.  Right now real food isn't something I really want...nausea has started hitting again but I am going to blame it on the heartburn/reflux. I love to eat and I really love to eat when pregnant, so it is unfathomable that I woud not want anything right now.  I stare at the pantry just waiting for something to look good and nothing really does.  I guess the closest things would be watermelon or anything involving coconut.  I think these baby boys want me to go on a tropical vacation for all my hard work these last few months so they are priming my taste buds.  (If anyone wants to send me on a tropical vacation, I am happy to take them up on the idea!)

But seriously, my ice maker doesn't make enough to keep the habit going so I have hours on end where I just sit and sip my water, waiting to hear the crash of the ice in the freezer.  I guess that is what life is like now that I am not working.  Big and pregnant, with my only focus to fatten up babies and trying not to crack a tooth on the ice I can't stop eating...life is good. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment