sidebars

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Nesting

I can't get over the amount of energy that seems to explode out of me at times.  The nesting instinct is very, very real, as I have learned over and over again during this pregnancy.  This past weekend, amid beautiful weather, I decided to clean out the kids outdoor toy storage area.  I also cleaned out the random cabinet in the kitchen that seems to hold a little bit of everything...if you add in the closets that have been messed with and the bathrooms that have been gone through, I would seem like a very busy woman.  The only thing that seems to get in my way is the fact that the energy is only there for about thirty minutes before I crash...and I mean, CRASH!  I get so tired that I can then sleep for three hours and still go to bed at my regular time at night.

The neat thing I am learning about pregnancy is that you don't really have to be pregnant to experience all the craziness.  The IM (intended mother) is also going through some pregnancy symptoms.  She tells me she has a hard time remembering all that she has to do and gets distracted by all the items that need to be put away in her home.  All the baby supplies are starting to add up and wanting to get everything done before Miss A makes her appearance is weighing on her.

It is really fun to go through this process side by side with someone else.  This pregnancy has been completely shared by the two women involved in getting this little girl into the world...the womb and the mommy.  Being able to talk candidly about worries and each little twinge (and having someone who is actually interested in hearing about it all) is a nice change.  Even a daddy doesn't always want to hear about every little detail when they have their own worries during a pregnancy--but a mother wants to know. She wants to hear about the personality that seems to already be emerging and the crazy kicks, wiggles and hiccups.

No comments:

Post a Comment