sidebars

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Coffee, Chocolate and Wine

So the very things that got me through my hormone surge of last week are also the things bringing me down again...only this time isn't a mental thing, but a physical one! I was doing so well with my weight loss...but I gotta love a gift basket and really, can't complain.  So I get to work off those last 15 pounds (yes I gained a pound in the last ten days, oh well!) rather than watch them slide off easily like the first 26 pounds.  I get to work out and make use of that gym membership we bought a few months back.  I get to utilize four personal training sessions that we got as a sign-on bonus at the gym.  But I think if I am going to lose that last 15 pounds, I am going to have to find a nice happy medium so that my dear coffee, chocolate and wine can remain a part of my weekly caloric intake...at least for a while.

I am normally pretty good about portion control and eating a balanced diet...but the treats seem to be sneaking out of everywhere (or maybe those jelly beans I hid from the kids just need to be shared with the kids--nah, I'll just eat the rest of them really fast so they never really existed).  Everything has tasted so good even after the pregnancy has ended and I am trying to convince myself that I just need these calories for "recovering" from the birth.  I do still get tired, but I should just go to sleep...not eat and drink and find that I am still tired and consumed way too many calories trying to stay up late to watch one more DVR'd show (which could be watched anytime!!).  I should be glad Easter is over and my favorite candy indulgences are gone...my dear friend Meagan just did an Easter blog and now I really want Cadbury Creme eggs again (thank you for that Meagan!).

Mentally I am feeling so good.  No more random outbursts or feeling "off"...guess a few days wasn't too bad but I really don't have time to let it get me down.  There is a lot going on at school this week and it has been so fun to help.  I love getting back into the building and seeing all the other parents and the teachers in the hallways.  The kids are great too--lots of kindergarten friends from last year that still say "hi" when they see me.  It just feels right to be there. 

Physically things are also getting back to normal.  It has been three and a half weeks since Baby A was born. I am pretty much into my old pants (at least the ones that were a bit big already) and looser tops.  I have folded up my maternity clothes and actually got a little sad.  It seems weird to already be over when at times it seemed like it was all taking forever. I guess that is how it always is..."after"can be strange when you spent so long leading up to a big event. 

No comments:

Post a Comment