Yesterday I had the privilege of being invited out to J&M's house to see the baby and the nursery. Baby A is back to her birth weight plus 2 oz (9lbs15oz for anyone keeping track!), which is right on track for just over two weeks old. She has gotten even more beautiful in the last two weeks and J seems to be very in love with her new little girl.
Even better than seeing the baby was seeing J. That probably sounds so strange to anyone...I mean, moms are great but babies are amazing! But the crazy thing is, I bonded with J during the course of the pregnancy and even before. She was the one that I got to know on a very personal level. I looked her in the eyes at 13 weeks when we thought we lost the baby...I also got to see the elation when that baby girl was safely delivered to her arms. The best and worst of someone and I was there for those moments. This woman will always be considered a very close, personal friend. I am so thankful that she has continued to keep me updated on their lives and feels as close to me as I do to her.
![]() |
| My new sewing cabinet all ready to go! |
I have tried to start focusing on more than just the surrogacy though and while I am definitely feeling like I want to go down that path again, I need to focus on a few other things for a bit...like all my sewing!!
![]() |
| Eleanor's pup, not quite finished |
Recently I bought "One Yard-Wonders" (available here for purchase: http://www.amazon.com/One-Yard-Wonders-Sewing-Fabric-Projects/dp/1603424490/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304522035&sr=8-1) and decided to let Eleanor pick a project. She went for a very cute little dog stuff animal. I have never made anything stuffed in my life, outside of the square pillow category, but I am always up for a challenge. The dog has a few little areas where it didn't quite turn out right, but I know as soon as the hand stitching is done (which I can't stand doing because I am horrible at it) she will have a new little pup to love.
Speaking of Eleanor, I haven't really had any good pictures of her lately so I decided to pull out my old camera. Apparently, the camera I got for Christmas 2009 has a strange flash setting (which I have tried to change and there are no other options for) and every picture I take of Miss Eleanor has her eyes closed. The old camera doesn't have this problem, so now I have pictures of my baby with her eyes opened!! Yay!! Since I am adding photos to this post, I will also add pics of the other babies in the house...Niko (orange tabby) and Sasha (white with black points). They are both coming up on their 2nd birthdays and they really round out the crew. Niko likes to nose at the blinds and meow so you open them up. He goes all around the house doing this and it really is cute.
Life feels so very complete right now. Amazing to look around and feel like I am exactly where I am supposed to be...




No comments:
Post a Comment