sidebars

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Giving thanks and reaching out

http://dixonsmakeitwork.blogspot.com/p/just-relax.html

Visit this blog.  The girl, Jen, that so openly shared her story on infertility, has some really amazing friends.  They have gotten together to do a benefit for her and her family as they are still struggling with a baby in the NICU.  I am pretty sure everyone that checks my blog probably checks hers, but in case you have found me without finding Jen, you have to read her story when you have time.  She is funny and you will cry...her story (as well as stories of friends that came out over the last few years) really made me determined to be a surrogate. http://www.jennepper.com/

I need to note that I was also inspired to take life by the horns after reading the book, "The Happiness Project" (available here: http://www.amazon.com/Happiness-Project-Morning-Aristotle-Generally/dp/0061583251).  I am a happy person so reading this book may seem odd.  I feel like life passes us too quickly and reading about Gretchen and the choices she made to take that happiness to a higher level was truly inspiring. I knew I had something big inside me, but I needed the motivation and courage to do it...this book did just that. I highly recommend everyone read it. I own a copy if anyone wants to borrow it. 

Life is just too short and too fragile not to thank those people that make our lives what they are are and way too short to hold yourself back from doing something you think may just make a difference.  Take today and make it matter...or make a plan to make more of every day that comes.  Each day that passes molds us into the person we are today and without the ups and downs, the mistakes and successes, the good days and bad, we would be totally different people in a totally different place. I can say that while I may have regrets in life, and feel like I let too many days pass without special meaning, that I am who I am because of it all...and for that, I wouldn't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment